Warm winter cat houses can be made cheaply and in under ten minutes!
Southeast Idaho winters can be deadly for outdoor felines without proper shelter. This video shows how to make a warm winter cat house out of apple boxes that, when properly cared for, will last for years to come!
You will need:
- An inner and outer apple/orange box with cartons
- A box cutter or scissors
- Sturdy tape
- A soft blanket or piece of fabric
- A pillow or other bedding material
- A safety pin to secure the bedding
- A piece of carpet (optional)
Follow the above for step by step instructions.
Please be aware this type of cat house is not waterproof and must be kept somewhere covered like a barn or other outdoor structure.
If you need a waterproof outdoor option, check out these videos: